Monday, November 20, 2006

A Thrilling Excursion




One of best parts about living so close to the Alps was, of course, skiing! I hadn't skiied since I was seven-years-old, so it was relatively new to me. The first place we went skiing was at Dachstein West. It was one of the best places to go to for beginners. A few us stayed on the "bunny hill" and mastered our beginner skills. By the end of the day, I felt like I had accomplished a lot! The picture of me in my ski gear with my poles on the ground is of Dachstein West. It was a gorgeous place! The mountains enclosed us while we skiied down its sister hills. It was definitley a place to remember! Another place we went skiing at was Zell Am See. Each of these places were in Austria, except the latter was much more difficult! At Zell Am See, there was no "bunny hill." The paths where winding and at extreme heights. It was hard to believe that something so beautiful at a distance could create something so difficult! This was definitely not the place for beginners. Because of experience at Dachstein West, my friends and I mastered the paths we chose and managed not to break a leg or our necks! Despite our fears, we enjoyed an activity of precision and skill. The attached photos depict the town of Zell Am See atop the mountain and me posing after reaching the top.

No comments: