Monday, November 20, 2006

Trier, Germany



Prior to arriving in Salzburg, Austria, everyone in the study abroad group was required to attend a week long trip around Germany. We travelled to cities such as Trier, Linz, Nurenburg, Ruttenburg and my favorite, Heidelburg. Our first stop was in Trier. It was a small town lined with houses, stores and bars. I included one of the very first pictures I took during my study abroad experience. This picture is of several friends I made while I was over there for four months. Sometimes it is weird to look at it and think how at that moment, I barely knew any of the people in the picture, and yet four months later they were my best friends. I grew a connection to Trier because it was the first place I visited, the place I stayed and the first place I was able to make memories while in Europe. To me, I don't think of Trier because of the type of landscapes there, I think of it as a place where a new beginning was made, a new chapter to my life. I've also attached a picture of the youth hostel we all stayed at for the first night. I'll never forget what it looked like and how much fun I had my first night away from America.

No comments: