Monday, November 20, 2006

A Milestone High Above



Before I left I took a journal with me to record each of my experiences everyday. And I was successful! One of my goals that I remember writing was to always, always, always try something new. I was to NEVER turn anything down, whether it be food, travelling or a difficult activity. While in Germany, we had a chance to climb a staircase and view the Rhine River from far above. I never done this before. Several people gave up after 150 steps or so, but Liz and I kept going. When it came to the point of passing out, we rested but kept climbing. We finally got to the top after approximately 350 stairs! Only a few days into our trip and we accomplished a milestone! I included a picture of all of the people who successfully made it to the top and another picture of the amazing view of the Rhine River. It was so incredibly breathtaking, I didn't want to leave. At time, I don't think I had ever seen a river this gorgeous before! Looking at that picture now reminds me so much of my determination as well as a foreshadowing of what was yet to come during my journey.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

That is an amazing view! Wow, I want to be there right now!