Monday, November 20, 2006

A Glowing Rememberance



After London, Jenelle and I traveled to Dublin, Ireland. I especially was excited to visit Ireland because it is home to the celtic symbol. This is also referred to as the trinety knot, a unity of three pressed triangles connected by a circle. I was introduced to this symbol in high school and ever since then have been intrigued by its meaning of peace, love and unity. It also has stood for a simple symbol of family, or in the religious aspect of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. While in Ireland, this symbol was prevelant everywhere we went. In one of the stores, I even purchased a ring of the celtic symbol which I wear everyday. Even the Dublin airport displayed these magnificent symbols as seen in the picture. I also attached a picture of the gorgeous St. Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin that we visited.


In Paris, I got the chance to take advantage of my new found interest in art. I loved going to several art museums and seeing what I had learned so far from my Modern Art clas, especially all of Claude Monet's work. I also was elated to FINALLY visit the Eiffel Tower....and even got to see it glowing! I attached a few pictures of the Eiffel Tower, one from a distance and one from right under its belly. So many celebrities visit this site and for me to actually have stood there was incredible. Not only that, but prior to arriving to the Eiffel Tower, we were given a brief history on the origin and creation of the tower. Definitely interesting!

No comments: